First judging appt & Ria at 8½ months 16:14

Had my first judging experience on Sunday! At the South Wales Papillon Club, judging Junior Handling. I was asked 4 months ago and said I'd think about it (cos I have trouble with the word no...), the next thing I knew I seemed to have agreed to it!

In the end it was ok, and I actually enjoyed myself. Most of the decisions were fairly obvious which was good, the thing that gave me the most trouble was splitting them for BJH.

I was also showing - and Solei got to come and play! Elton was chucked out of Limit Dog, which had 17 dogs entered...though I'd attended to his nails again on Saturday to see if I could get him more comfortable, and he was definitely standing better on that foot. Solei got a 3rd in Veteran Dog which was was delighted with, and a 4th in Phalene Dog - and more to the point, omg he enjoyed himself! He did not really show well, but who cares :-) He took off with me around the ring at 180mph with me trailing behind him going "slow dowwwwn...!" and he could hardly stand still in the line, I've never seen him like that before....was extra awesome <3

Then in the afternoon I showed the same little girl I'd shown on Friday - and this time won a large Minor Puppy Bitch class of 13, Reserve Best Puppy Bitch, Best Minor Puppy Bitch and Best Minor Puppy in Show! So it was rather a weird day really; that's the first time I've done really well with a dog of someone elses that hasn't been like mine - ie living with me and being treated as "mine"!

Wednesday was an interesting day....show I didn't really want to go to, but a load of friends were going who I haven't seen for ages and really wanted to see, so decided to go - even though I was fairly confident Ria would do absolutely nothing. I was right - 3rd of 3 :-P Her lowest place to date, yay.

However, it was worth it to see everyone and unbeknown to me a friend took some awesome photos of her in the ring!

Ria at 8½ months old

On from there to week 3 of Foundation Agility - had a fab week this week, they were missing a trainer so put a load of stations (ladder, boxes, wobble boards, pole on floor...etc) and we moved from one to the other - but what was totally awesome was I got my own private trainer ;-) All went well til we started on one jump exercises, when I totally forgot what happens if you wind Ria up and then send her out for a toy.....and yeah, 5 minutes later she was done running around with her "prize" and came back to me. Oops. But this is the first time she's been comfortable enough to play there, so :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment