2014 Goals and Ambitions (as of January!) 12:45

Well that was massive fail yet again! I started writing a 2014 goals and ambitions list back in January and apparently never did Ria, or published it. So now I shall publish this as it was when I wrote it in January, and then it's time for an update! The longer I leave it the less inclined I get because the more there is to catch up on and the more overwhelmed I get...so, I bring you my 2014 Goals and Ambitions for Solei and Elton, as of January 2014!

Solei
Agility
Get a clear round at a UKA show
Get a placement at a UKA show (not sure if this is being optimistic, but hey - we'll shoot for it!)
Learn to weave
Get the confidence to do the seesaw
Rally
Complete his RL1 title
Obedience
Haven't really got any obedience goals. I was actually going to retire him, but things have changed...so I might try a training round, hope for a motivated and enthusiastic Solei and then see where we go from there. Might consider seeing if he can finish off his P-Beg Ex
Oh I do have one - to pass his Good Citizen Gold Award...had better train it then!
Showing
A Best Veteran Dog at a breed club show. This may be completely unrealistic, cos it may turn out that this year happens as last did, where I don't actually enter him for any!

and above all, as he approaches double figures I hope he continues to be happy and healthy, and I get a few more years to enjoy training and competing with the Solei that I have now :-D

Elton
Agility
Generalise weaves and improve confidence enough that he can complete them successfully in any situation
insert rest
Rally
Complete his RL1.Ex title (would love to get RL1.Ex rather than just the RL1...but that may be too much pressure!)
Obedience
This is another odd one...I'm not sure if I want to try for the Pre-Beginner Stakes again, but I also don't want him to advance out of Pre-Beginners yet. Might just have a year off from obedience.
Showing
This is the year he finally finishes his ShCM! He needs one measly point, so if he doesn't get it this year there is no hope lol Other than that I have no goals, I am probably mostly retiring him this year til Veteran.

0 comments:

Post a Comment