Elton's rather good at this rally thing... 14:10

Elton did his first KC Agility show on 13th July! Only Anysize, as KC jump height is beyond him atm. There were some nice bits, but he wasn't confident enough to attempt the flat tunnel that was in the course and he found the ground hard going.

The following weekend we went to our third FAB show. Boys were rubbish! Solei didn't get to run at all as he had been on three legs earlier, and although I think he just trod on something and seemed fine by the time he was meant to run I didn't want to risk it, so pulled him. Elton was just having an off day, for some unknown reason. He decided he couldn't do the aframe because it was too scary, and had absolutely no idea how to stay in 12 weaves! So that was two completely rubbish NFC runs in agility and jumping. He had quite a nice steeplechase run, but a couple of blips which meant he was over time. It was the most amazing show ever for another reason, but I need to make a separate post with the background to it first!

July ended with a two day obedience show. Amazing weekend! On Saturday Elton was entered in Pre-Beginners and the Special Fun Class and Solei was entered in the Special Pre-Beginner Stakes. Elton came 2nd in Pre-Beginners and just out of the placings in the fun class, and Solei came 3rd in his class!

On Sunday there was rally as well, and both boys were entered in Level 1, Elton also being entered in Pre-Beginners obedience. I ended up arriving late and doing the obedience NFC, he was absolutely rubbish and I'm not sure why. Very distracted, knowing Elton I assume he was worrying and stressing for some reason. Working as he was, I was less than enthusiastic about the rally that afternoon! Needn't have worried...

Elton - 2nd Pre-Beginners (Saturday) and 1st Rally Level 1 Part 1 (Sunday)!
He was amazing...really focused, happy, confident, with me :-) Got a score of 206 so qualified excellent and won the class! Solei did remarkably well given it was his first experience of rally and an outdoor ring and had he not got up during the sit walk around would have qualified.
The boys with the weekends rosettes :-)
August has started with a trip to Paignton on Sunday for Elton's second KC agility show - anysize again, though two runs this time - jumping and agility. Two fabulous Es, said with all seriousness - his jumping I could have "rescued" but chose not to as he was driving ahead of me well and I felt it was more important to let him go and not interrupt his flow, especially as it was my fault anyway (As he was ahead I was driving the wrong line). His agility was so funny - the contact equipment has been a two year struggle, he has conquered the dog walk now but the a-frame is very ropey - he rarely does it first time and more often than not refuses point blank. So I was concerned about this, though pleased it was the third obstacle with a tunnel after as I could reward the a-frame with a tunnel if he did do it. He did it first time, and then a bit further down the course we ended up heading vaguely near....he ran over and decided to do the a-frame again!! I thought it was hilarious - I'd been concerned that he wouldn't do it at all and then the little brat gets us Ed because he decides it was so good the first time he wants to do it twice! Two super runs though - fairly fast, happy and confident He was actually driving ahead of me! I could not be happier if he'd come back with two 1sts, it's the best he's ever run at a show :-)  Confidence is coming! (hopefully)

Back to Paignton on Tuesday for obedience and agility with Elton and breed with Ria. Elton was lying 3rd in the obedience but I missed his stays (literally by 30 seconds, infuriating!) cos I was showing Ria - who got two 2nds to the BB & RBB so happy enough with that! - and then two nice runs where in the agility I crashed into a jump because he went round the back of a curved tunnel and threw me (too busy watching him!) and a lovely run in the jumping getting his first clear round at a KC show! I didn't feel either of his runs were quite as good as Sunday, but they were still nice and he was probably tired by then.

Then came the highlight of my month!
Elton Q & 1st place and Solei Q & 2nd place Rally Level 1 Part 1
I am so amazingly proud of my boys! 10th August and my third rally competition came along. I was really anxious about it because it had the potential to be Elton's third qualifier, and I really wanted him to qualify excellent (190+) as he already had two. Solei went in first, and put in the round of his life. He loved the venue and worked better than I thought he actually could! Not only did he get his first qualifier but it was an excellent with a score of 206. Elton (in running order 13 - lucky for some :-)) then decided his father was not going to upstage him, and also got 206 but with a faster time! That's his third excellent qualifier (205, 206, 206!) so gives him his RL1-Ex title :-D along with two wins in two weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment