Revival - Update & A New Addition 07:30

Wow...time to revive this! So, after my last post life happened - puppies distracted me and then in December my mother had an accident, ended up in hospital and after that things were never quite the same again (she's made a good recovery though!)

Things changed forever, my health slid and just...life. So I have done very little for the last couple of years, but let's bring things up to date...

Sadie - just had her second litter (born 5th June) but went back to her owners for it and is currently still there, will be coming back to me in a few weeks. As for her first litter (as that was my last post, just after they were born!) I lost Three Spot (Gizmo) at 7 weeks old which was beyond traumatic. Little One (now Charlie) was kept by Sadie's owners and has gone on to do very well in the ring, gaining his Junior Warrant and being consistently placed. Chunk (now Bailey) is a much loved pet having a lovely life in Cornwall and Wide Blaze (now Magic) is having a wonderful time as an agility dog, currently on his way to Grade 5.

Solei - growing old disgracefully :-) just celebrated his thirteenth birthday and although he is suddenly starting to look old he is certainly not acting it! I've retired him now. I did want to do some rally with him to finish his first rally title but I haven't managed any shows or training for about two years so that went by the wayside!

Elton - now 8 years old, still up for everything but I haven't managed any kind of training for a couple of years so we're on a break from everything bar breed showing. I still show him very occasionally but I struggle to manage to keep him in show condition, so his outings are very sparing now. He had a Best Veteran in Show at a limit show last year (along with BOB and Group 2, still showing the youngsters how it's done!) Note for me - he has a couple of very loose ones so not for much longer, but atm he even still has all his teeth!

Ria - is Ria! What more can I say really :-) She's 6.5 years old now, so goes into veteran next year which is an insane thought. Like Elton I haven't managed any kind of training for a couple of years so we're on a break from everything bar breed showing. I've shown her even less than Elton, literally about twice a year. Really just to make sure she qualifies for Crufts (though I didn't take her this year, after all that!). Her behaviour hasn't really changed, despite best efforts.

and now for the reason for this revival....on Sunday I welcomed a very unexpected bundle of fluff into my life :-)

Meet Luna! An 8.5 week old Kooikerhondje.
To cut a long story short, she was totally unexpected and unplanned. I've actually been looking for a pup for a few years now, but nothing was working out (I wasn't set on breed - either a Phalene or a Kooiker, whichever came up first - and still nothing!). Then I have had a couple of years of utterly horrendous health and drama and so I was still looking idly but it would have had to have been something really special. Then barely a month ago I got this incredible offer totally out of the blue - pick bitch from a litter of 8 and she is also pick of the whole litter. Both parents are imports, and both very nice - the bitch is 5 and has done very well - including BOB at Crufts - and the dog is young (not yet 2 years old) but has also done well, including BOB at champ shows. Initially I was absolutely distraught because I didn't think it was an offer I was going to be able to take up, but....well, here we are.

I hope she will be all that I hope for, and improve life after such a rocky couple of years. I wanted to revive this blog to document our journey...so I hope you will join us for the ride!

0 comments:

Post a Comment