Solei's Birthday 14:50

Back on the up :-) I hope.

Since my last post there have been no major setbacks, I'm reluctant to go as far as to say that Solei is totally over it - as I'm being careful - but he's been fine with everything I've done since he appeared to turn the corner on Tuesday!

I'm still keeping all toys away from him, not worth the risk of going backwards! Later today or tomorrow I'll probably reintroduce the dumbbell as I don't think he's ever really had a problem with that. This silliness started a week last Sunday, I tried to do some holding practice on the Monday at obedience and he wouldn't, but he didn't seem scared of it (it was more the behaviour he was displaying before I got him comfortable picking it up) and that was the last time he saw the dumbbell so I'm hopeful it'll be ok. No tuggy toys or anything remotely similar are allowed to go near him yet!! I'm probably being overcautious, but I really don't want to go through all this again just because I've shown him a toy too soon.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow - I'm going to a companion show so will be trying a little bit of obedience practice with him and see what he's like in a more show like environment. His heelwork and recall is once again fine at home, we don't practice stays at home once they're solid, but I have no reason to think they should be a problem. Eight days to go until day #1 of the show! I'm going to keep him away from obedience on Monday, so tomorrow will be the only chance he gets to practice except for warming him up prior to competition the following weekend.

Today is also a special day....Solei turns six years old! Can't believe it, even though I haven't had him since a puppy time really does fly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment