Ho hum 23:06

Show ground was actually surprisingly good :-) Ria looked good - raw, but good! However, this involved attempting to clean her up at 10pm and then her managing to add a couple of grass stains to her previously clean coat 5 minutes before she went in the ring! Yay. Oh, and her noticing a friend before I did which involved rather a lot of blood (mine).

She was a little sod in the ring - found a piece of food that someone had dropped and then obviously there had to be tons more everywhere :-P I had such difficulty getting her head off the floor and her concentrating. But she was ok, I forget she's still only seven months old. 2nd in Junior Dog/Bitch, beaten by a dog so we got to go into the challenge for Best Bitch - nada, still far too raw - but she did get Best Puppy in Breed :-)

Hadn't entered any stakes or anything today, and there were no puppy groups.

Took Ria to obedience on Monday, but the class ended up being abandoned in favour of a walk haha. She ran around like a maniac so I had to keep enforcing breaks, as she's still only young...and I have discovered a hole in my socialization - around other dogs in close proximity off lead. I will make sure to give her as much exposure as I can now, and hopefully that'll soon be overcome.

Went to ringcraft for the first time in I can't remember how long on Tuesday! She went well, and the hall even emptied to the point I snuck in a bit of obedience at the end :-P

Took her out for a walk on Wednesday, combing it with a training session....the hole in my dogs is always that I don't do enough away from home - it's physically so difficult for me to get out, which is so frustrating. They can be superb at home and then it all falls apart (to a degree) when we get out and about. I know exactly why and what I need to do about it, just wish it was that easy! We've been doing sending to a blanket at home recently, which she's been doing beautifully - would she do it out? No, she had to lie NEXT to the blanket! So I've made it bigger for outdoors and we'll have to do some more practise ;-)

Took Solei to agility last night and left Ria at home, much to her disgust! Solei was great :-) Little sod with his start lines, but to be honest I find it hard to be firm about that - he's so sensitive, and it's great that he's enjoying himself that much! Though I will sort it before it becomes a habit ;-) He did the seesaw (not properly yet) without flattening himself to it! Which is a first :-) and did a sequence of 3 jumps, tunnel, 3 more jumps all that full height....hope for him yet :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment