Probably the last companion show of the year for us... 17:12

Very proud of my dogs :-) Took them all to a companion show with obedience on Sunday. Ria did the pedigree AV Puppy class amd there were only three obedience classes; all 3 did the easier class and Elton did the harder one too.

Ria had a 3rd in AV Puppy, and the obedience was very productive :-) The easier class was just heel on lead, recall and 30 second sit and down stays. Ria had an absolutely shocking about turn during her heelwork! Which was rather costly, but other than that was nice for a baby. I need to work on her presents, she does tend to throw herself at me then goes into a crooked sit.....

Solei I was thrilled with :-) He seemed to enjoy it and worked well! Including coming first time on both recalls (had a run off). Although he should've been more than capable of the second class, I didn't want to do any "damage" so just left it at that - end well in his comfort zone having done well.

And Elton...<3 his first (easier) class his turns were a little loose, and I had the foot plates on my chair at the wrong height so he came in slightly crooked, but apart from that he was lovely :-) However, by the second class he was warmed up! His heelwork was stunning, he is fab for such a little dog - he doesn't watch me, which is a bit disconcerting but he is well aware of where I am and it means he maintains a much better position because he can come closer and stay there better. The rest of the round was nice too, he did his stays and he didn't sit up when I went back to him at the end of the down stay! (Which is a new problem I haven't had time to work on yet) The only very frustrating bit was the retrieve - he ran out after his dumbbell, then came back without it.....got a little confused (we have done very little with retrieve over the last few months because it was one of the things he went off completely when all our problems started, and I don't want to push it) but then went back out for it and did the most beautiful retrieve he's ever done :-D

In the first class Solei, Elton and a third dog tied for 2nd which was quite entertaining (not the first time I've had a run off with my own dogs!), so we had to do a run off - which, as mentioned, was another recall. Elton was faultless :-) and I thought Solei had mucked it up cos he came in crooked, but apparently that was better than the third dog - so Elton was 2nd and Solei 3rd! Ria also had a run off, for 5th/6th - having lost just ¼ mark more than the boys. Puppy exuberance meant she lost that (the same throwing herself at me then crooked sit problem!), and unfortunately they were only placing to 5th - but there we go, it was a large class so I was still happy with that!

Then Elton was 2nd in the second class! Courtesy of the retrieve or he'd have won it :-( but I was still delighted with him, he's young and inexperienced - I've had him in the ring less than 6 months, and hardly done anything "serious" with him, mostly sticking to the very basic or fun classes.

Gutted that on Monday that I'd entered an obedience show where I would almost certainly have qualified one of the boys for Crufts, and I had no transport to get there :-(

Agility started back yesterday, so I've lost my equipment :-( Shame, it was good having it - but I can go back to working on other things now, and it's nice to have the classes back! Solei went very well, he even did a sequence of jump, dog walk, tunnel, jump, jump, jump at full height and didn't go under any of them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment