Contact training 16:41

Ack, I've got so sloppy at this over the last month! I seem to have missed another chunk out too? I have nothing written down from my last entry until 19th November. So I'll just have to do a vague fill in again - had another show on Sunday 13th, Ria got a 4th in AVNSC Graduate which I was very pleased with, as it was a class of 10 and she beat a lot of mature dogs, then 3rd in the Puppy Stakes. After some debate I decided to take Elton and just keep him quiet. He had a 3rd in his breed class, then followed it up with a very respectable 3rd in the Open Stakes :-) Agility with Ria on Wednesday, agility with Solei on Thursday.

Now for the bit I had actually written at the time...

Two shows this weekend. On Saturday Ria eventually got in the ring about 4pm! Worth it though - she beat an adult GSP to win her AVNSC Graduate class and was also BP. The judge said she was really lovely. In the puppy group later she was so spooky, never seen her like that in the ring before. She moved well, but standing was a bit of a disaster all weekend! She kept moving just at the crucial moment. Elton had 2nd out of 2 :-P

Sunday I so nearly didn't go. It had been such a long day on Saturday and I wasn't hopeful of good results! However, my optimistic side is always irritatingly....optimistic, and it usually ends in disappointment! However, on this occasion...Elton had BOB! And Ria had 3rd in a class of 5 (AVNSC Graduate again) and beat the GWP puppy for BP :-D So I was really pleased, though nothing in groups. Ria was even worse at standing than he previous day which was frustrating.

Had an easy week this week - I decided against obedience on Monday, partly cos I wanted an early night, but also as she'd been so spooky that weekend I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not (am wondering if it's hormonal...) and ringcraft on Tuesday cos it's so late.

Then Solei mated a bitch Tuesday and twisted something - ended up on 3 legs, so no agility for him on Thursday! Which meant all I've done is agility with Ria on Wednesday.

Had a fabulous session! She was so much more focused and I was even throwing her toy and she was bringing it back :-) Only had one 'moment' and she did bring it back eventually!

It was very interesting to see that when we did some contact training on a dog walk plank on the floor she immediately knew what I wanted and was fab, wheras doing exactly the same at home on a plank of wood she still doesn't really understand what I'm asking for.

Which has been what I've been doing with Ria and Elton this week! Elton is very good but I keep having to start from the beginning and get his confidence back - it started when mum accidently pushed it against his toes :-P and that took me ages to persuade him to go near it again. Then I'd just got him back  was having trouble seeing his feet to see if he was 2 on and 2 off so I flipped his tail to the other side and that managed to freak him again :-P And so starts yet again going back to rewarding him for going near it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment