Arrgh 13:43

Had a kinda meh session at obedience with Ria on Monday....and she's still so reactive and nervy with other dogs, it's depressing - even though she is improving. So embarrassing, and people don't understand unless they've been there.

I dunno, I go (sometimes) because I like the structure and the opportunity to practise things amongst other dogs (esp things like stays), but I hate it when the classes are big and I don't like it when people tell me to do X or Y (tbh, not that that happens very often) - I know what works for my dogs and I know which methods I like, and they don't have experience with a very flighty, sensitive, highly strung dog...who you cannot tell off like you could eg a Labrador. So I'll keep doing my own thing, it works for me :-P but trying not to seem like a know-it-all because I don't, far from it.

Elton's chiro appointment was booked for Tuesday. Even though he'd been absolutely fine for the last couple of days I went with my gut instinct which said something was not right, and I'm so glad I did - his pelvis was quite badly out to the right, and spine slightly iffy too. The good news is it hadn't been out long and he responded really well to treatment, so fingers crossed that's sorted that now. The hard part now has been trying to keep him quiet, I just hope it's good enough! So as it happens, rather than me feeling bad about the anaesthetic causing him problems it could actually be a good thing - the dead weight of him being moved under it may have just moved things that were slightly out more acutely and brought an already existing problem to the surface, enabling it to be treated quicker. Of course I'll never know, but at least he's hopefully sorted now.

And apparently I fail here because I wrote this on 11th November and then didn't realise I hadn't posted it nor had I finished off my account of the week! So I shall post this on it's original date, but as it's now 5th December I can't remember a thing so I shall just have to leave it that Wednesday Ria went to agility, Thursday Solei went to agility and that was that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment