Back to Agility! 21:45

Ria played me up in the ring on Sunday, and she doesn't show as well as I would like - she's usually lovely on the move, but standing she keeps coming too close, jumping up, putting her back legs in the wrong place cos she's waiting for the next move! And as she's about to come out of puppy it really needs work.

So I decided she ought to go to ringcraft on Tuesday. Pulled into the car park and thought it was busy, went into the hall and discovered it was match night! I was completely unprepared - hadn't touched Ria with a brush since the show on Sunday and I didn't have any grooming equipment on me, though fortunately I decided not to take her for her usual run before ringcraft because I was too tired - thankfully, or she certainly wouldn't have been in any condition for a match! So she could've done with a tidy up round the edges (especially ears!), but other than that was pretty much still in "show condition".

There were lots of puppies there, and she only went and won Best Puppy <3


Then yesterday was her first agility session back after Christmas. I've been so looking forward to it, it's been a long 3 weeks off! Annnnddd.....she was AWESOME <3 Everyone commented on it, her focus was SO much better -and I actually didn't lose her once. I don't just mean in the running in large circles kinda way she didn't even wander off sniffing - we had a couple of moments where she lost concentration slightly in favour of the floor, but she came back when I called and didn't trot off nose glued to the floor on her own agenda.

Her contacts were fab, and once it's on command I think she is going to be good at working away from me (crucial, as I can't come even close to keeping up)...she's certainly happy enough about going on ahead. And being independent - we were doing a two jump sequence and once she realised what was expected she decided she'd just go and do it without me XD Bit of work needed there....

I'm very excited about her, I think it's all there to come...as long as she can deal with the atmosphere (and we can get it together)

Here's to 2012 :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment