Ria's Six Months Old! 16:42

Good grief, what a couple of weeks. Bit behind, so some details will be rather patchy! Did obedience on the 18th with Ria, can't remember it so it must've been fairly uneventful! Then the following day I had a phone call from S+T who were away with the caravan...they'd left a bitch with someone and she had vomiting/diarrhoea with blood and could I pick her up? It just got better from there! When I brought her home Solei threw himself on her, and before I could stop him stuck his nose underneath and licked...I shall leave it to your imagination what he licked :-P Anyway, he contracted it from that. Couple that with Elton having an upset tummy the previous couple of days cos of eating too much chicken at the show, and I ended up with sick dogs for a week and a half....which felt like ever such a lot longer!

So on that Wednesday I took Elton and Ria out into the garden for a bit of obedience practise (show in 10 days, Ria not been on grass, practise needed!) and then I took my life in my hands (after the last time when I vowed never again...) and took Elton to agility that evening! I was actually really pleased with him, he was nothing like the previous time and seemed to enjoy it :-) Put it this way - I'd try it again! The only hiccup was after we'd been doing the tunnel for a bit and I swapped to sending him in the other end, he tried to come out so someone stood in front of it...and not sure if they stood on him, but he cried out and then wouldn't have anything more to do with it. But that could also have been cos he wasn't sure what I wanted.

Bathed my visitng dog on Thursday cos she was covered :-( and had the two youngsters out in the garden again. I've actually had at least Ria out for some practise pretty much every day.

Had a weekend off - luckily it was planned anyway, as it was enforced due to poorly dogs!

Run through for Ria's Bronze Good Citizen Award on Monday, then in the bath on Tuesday (her 6 month birthday, what a present!) for her show debut on Wednesday!

More about that next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment