Agility Christmas Party 20:51

Went to the last big champ show of the year on 10th, with some trepidation. Ria was fine, though didn't stand very well. I admit I overhandled her! Especially when I stood her for the judge and just as he was coming over she went to put her head on the floor. I got her back ok but that was enough to send me into a panic :-P You'd never know she and her sister were sisters - they are so different, and Ria is an awful lot less mature - which has held her back ever since she started showing. But hopefully we'll have the last laugh :-)

On Wednesday I took her and Elton to Ria's agility class Christmas party. Elton pretty much just watched, he was a little overwhelmed, but I had him out briefly and he made everyone laugh as I'd been saying how fast he potentially was, and brought him out for one of the games - run with your dog down an alley of balls, turn round and run back through it. As I turned to come back I'd only gone about a step and Elton took off and just RAN back up the alley! Everybody was laughing at him, he stood at the end and looked at me with a "well? Where are you? Hurry up!" expression :-P

Ria...well, what can I say! She was amazing.

The evening started with one individual game - Snoopy (Simon) Says - which to my amazement Ria won! Then we did team games.....and considering I think the most she's ever sequenced is two tunnels, one jump and one tunnel or three jumps (all reference to jumps is pole on ground)...

One of the games was four jumps down, tunnel (u shape) then the same four jumps back up....and she did it SO well <3 she was working ahead and everything, considering she's never done anything like that before I was so impressed.

Then the other agility game was 4 jumps down, 3 tunnels, 4 jumps back (not straight) and she was just awesome <3 I think (hope!) she is actually going to be quite good given time. She also coped really well with the dogs that she's kinda met but aren't in her class (for the first half hour of her class they have two groups, one at each end of the hall)...stupidly the only dog she really didn't like was a 10wk cocker puppy :-P That said, she does seem to have settled back down a bit - less stupid than she was a month ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment