Elton is Two! 22:06

So proud of my little rocket man :-)

We went to the South of England Papillon Club's open show today. I'd entered Elton in Yearling Dog, and Phalene Dog - special significance to the first as Yearling is at least 12 but not exceeding 24 months....and today is Elton's second birthday <3 So the last day he is eligible for Yearling.

I had no idea what this judge would do, and in the current climate I was in two minds about whether to enter or not - I eventually decided to go for it, partly because it was Elton's birthday! We took a (human) cake - rocket shaped, naturally :-)

Anyway, back to the show - Yearling Dog was one of the bigger classes of the day, and he won it! :-D Also going on to win Phalene Dog and Best Phalene Dog. I haven't shown him since the Pap Club champ show a month ago where he won Post Grad Dog, so I hope this may be the start of a good run and hopefully this year he'll pick up a CC or RCC :-D

When we got home I realised he'd done what must be an almost unique double....last year at the same show he also won Yearling Dog (& Phalene Dog and Best Phalene Dog!) - because of the 12 month span of Yearling unless dates are moved it's almost impossible to win the class two years running at the same show - Elton managed it because he was 12 months and 1 day for the 2010 show, and as I say; 24 months exactly this year!

Oh, and dad survived puppy sitting duties lol

So I shall end this post with.....

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY ELTON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment