Lots more firsts for Ria 17:33

I appear to have stopped documenting every little thing I do - is this a good thing? Probably, for you :-D

So, last Sunday Ria went to her first show - just a little fun show, pups can't even do the novelty classes (prettiest bitch, waggiest tail..etc) at kennel club licensed shows until they're 6 months old, so I've been looking for the non-KC licensed ones! This one just had a few novelty classes, no pedigree.

It wasn't far away, so I was going to leave the boys at home and just take the girls....but Elton ended up coming too! Solei stayed at home, as he wasn't quite right after escaping at the show the previous day and being caught - he'd screamed on capture, so she must have caught him wrong :-(

Anyway - it was not Elton and Vale's day! The judge did not think Elton was the most handsome, nor Vale the best veteran or with the waggiest tail (shocking :-) unheard of!). However, she did think Ria was gorgeous and she won the Puppy class :-D She made some lovely comments, was very impressed with her for 15 weeks.

Upon arrival I discovered they had an agility course set up you could have a go over - just jumps and tunnels. At which point I wished I had Solei! So I put Elton round it, he was ok for the first couple of jumps and tunnel and then decided he'd had enough...I did manage to persuade him round, but I don't know what is going through that dog's head atm.

When I'd finished with him I asked them if they would be happy to put the poles on the floor and let me have a go with Ria - I've been desperate to do some agility with her since before I had her, but I couldn't find a puppy class and I'm not about to take her to a "regular" class, because even if they'd accept her there'd be too much she couldn't do. Apart from anything else, I really wanted her to see a tunnel! I haven't been able to find a cheap one, so she'd not seen one yet.

The people running the ring were really impressed with her :-) I asked one of them to hold her at one end of the tunnel whilst I called her through, as she'd never seen one before. She ran around it to start with, then realised I wanted her to go through it and she was really good at them after that :-) I did the whole course with her, she got a bit distracted by the end (puppy concentration span!) - and I ran out of sausage which didn't help - but there's definitely a lot of potential there! I hope.

The next day was her second obedience class. Nothing much to report; we went, she was pretty good, we came home!

She was good at ringcraft on Tuesday, but someone said she was slightly lame so I hope she's ok....I can't see it.

Other than that I don't remember last week....I have the memory of a goldfish at the moment :-(

This morning she had her first visit to the garden centre! I've been wanting to take her for a couple of weeks, but it wasn't convenient. She was very good, though wasn't sure about the birds in the aviary! They were a bit scary to start with, but she's not a bird fan (think I need to show her the books about what she was bred for lol) so I stood there until she got over it!

Can't believe she'll be four months old on Thursday....they don't stay little for long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment