Agility Match & Weave Training 13:40

Well that was an interesting weekend...somewhat against my better judgement I decided to enter a show on Saturday. Got there just after 8am, Paps were 2nd in the ring, and I knew Ria quite possibly wouldn't be in until 3 or 4pm.

I showed a friends bitch to 2nd in Graduate, Elton was unceremoniously chucked, and by this point it was only mid morning so decided to just cut my losses and go home, as then the dogs would get a nice walk as we could stop at the canal on the way. A shame as I was looking forward to showing Ria (haven't shown her at all since she came out of puppy), but I've known her be in the ring at gone 5pm and as we had excitement planned for Sunday (more on that in a minute) I just couldn't hang around for all that time, especially as there were 9 dogs in her class - almost all older, and as we know she is an immature 12 months anyway. Only we got to the motorway turn off and it started absolutely pouring with rain, so we didn't get our walk :-( and upon stopping at the supermarket just before home the car park was totally full - so didn't get shopping either! It really was one of those days where I wished I hadn't bothered getting up.

Then Sunday dawned :-) A beautiful morning, and an agility match to go to! I took all 3 dogs as I figured being a nice day that wouldn't be too hot or too cold, they were just as well crated in the car as at home and I didn't know what opportunities would present.

In the end unfortunately there wasn't time (the arena was booked for 3 hours and they had to be out at that point), despite the fact that it had been intended Ria would do something and I was hoping Solei may get the opportunity to run a steeplechase course. But never mind - I spent most of the morning scribing (yes, they let me loose o_O and I didn't mess it up yay lol) and had a fantastic time. Elton got to come and socialize for a short time at the beginning, and Ria at the end. Then we came home via a lovely canal side walk where Elton & Ria got to run about and burn off some energy (in Ria's case..) and Solei also enjoyed it, despite being confined to on lead!

Can't wait for the next one now - hope there is one before too long!

I have also just started Elton & Ria's weave training. I'm using the 2x2 method, so far so good (I think..). Nearly ready for the second set of poles. I don't feel confident in this yet, so fingers crossed I'm not messing it up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment