Obedience, Tesco, Agility...busy week for Ria! 14:51

I don't know where this week has gone....it's just, well, gone!

Monday was my obedience club's long delayed rescheduled Christmas Party (now turned into an Easter Party!). It was cancelled back in mid-December when we had extreme snow! I had to smile - usually it's the Monday as I've been to LKA Champ Show on either Saturday or Sunday, so I'm usually tired. This/last year they'd managed to make it the next weekend, so I would've had energy! Of course the rescheduled date was the Monday after I'd been to UK Toy on the Saturday - which is even further than LKA! I don't do many shows that are that far away, so it's sod's law.

Anyway, I arrived a good half an hour early because mum drops me, and I'd decided to take Ria to observe whilst it was quieter and then she'd bring her home for me. She seemed to take it all in her stride! Happily saying hello to everybody, and trying to get down on the floor - I have a feeling once she *is* allowed down the floor won't be quite so appealing....

As more dogs and people arrived it didn't seem to phase her, but I decided enough was enough (apart from anything else, a lot of dogs in a fairly small area with a not fully vaccinated puppy...) and mum took her home. Apparently she slept all evening!

It was a nice evening, amazing food buffet...just not quite the same atmosphere as when held just before Christmas! Solei won Musical Sits, and was 2nd in Dog Crochet (recall between two chairs getting closer & closer together - in the final round only one dog went through (had to jump them!) but Solei went under one chair which was deemed closer than the others, who went round it!). Elton was doing well until he broke his stay to say hello to another Papillon :-P (making a habit of this....I know what I need to work on! Though to be fair on this occasion it was right behind and may well have gone up to him - had my back to him again!)

Tuesday I don't even remember, but I didn't leave the house!

On Wednesday afternoon I took Ria for a quick visit to Tescos (supermarket). It has a nice covered lobby, so it's warmer than standing outside - and more importantly as it had been wet, was dry! Once again she seemed to take it in her stride, though only a couple of minutes after I arrived a woman came up to me who I think had mild learning difficulties, and insisted on standing there talking to me for ages - I wouldn't have minded, but she was one of those that thought she "knew" dogs and couldn't be told, and insisted on trying to gently cup her hand around Ria's muzzle or tap her, which understandably she didn't like. She did eventually go, and Ria met a few other people. Although only a couple of children came up to say hello, she saw lots and didn't seem bothered - though she has yet to encounter the screaming shouting ones! This is something I know I've got to watch, because her breeder has no children and she won't come into contact with any children in my day to day life unless I go out of my way to make sure she does (which I intend to).

Yesterday I decided she could come to agility, which was another new experience! She saw horses for the first time (not impressed - far more interested in the other cars arriving!) and met yet more people. Then she went in her crate in the back of the car for an hour (with mum sitting in the front) whilst I did the class (more about that another day) and then I had her out for about 25 minutes after class was over, and she met more people and saw a little bit of agility. I met a puppy belonging to the lady that taught me a couple of years ago, and Ria and I have a lot of work to do lol...but her puppy is more than 2 weeks older, and a lot can happen in two weeks.

I'm trying to find the energy to wander down the road with her this afternoon, but Elton needs bathing later and I'm not sure I have the energy for both!

0 comments:

Post a Comment