Ria's Second Vaccination and Other Adventures 16:53

Life is chaotic at the moment. The joys of a young puppy! I'm so very tired all the time, it's just all go and without enough sleep at night! I've had Ria 3 weeks as of yesterday - it feels like forever, yet no time at all.

On Tuesday I took her to ringcraft for the first time. It was match night, so she sat on my lap and watched - not that she could have participated anyway, she's still not allowed on the floor. She met my friends Golden Retrievers, and it was very interesting to watch her reactions....up til now she's only had nose to nose contact with Kooikers and my boys. She took a bit to warm up, then was barking wanting to play! There were 3 other Papillons there, and the moment she saw them she was pulling and barking....you could see the recognition "hey, you're like those things at home! I like those - play with me!"

So now she's seen a snapshot of my social life lol - obedience, ringcraft & agility!

I took Elton to compete, he got through the first round and then in the second suddenly saw the other Papillons on the other side of the hall and would he move properly? Like hell he would! He just wanted to pull over to them and play. As I was saying....mature appearance, immature brain :-P He turns two next month, and although there are a lot of the immature aspects of him I love, time and a place comes to mind...

Took Ria into town on Wednesday, that's the first time she's been into town. Once again she seemed to take it all in her stride....she's definitely a dog that can be nervy to start with and needs to "warm up". An ambulance went by with siren blazing which made her jump! She met lots and lots more people, good for her but I'm getting very fed up with answering "what is she" "a Kooikerhondje" "a what?". I'm seriously considering turning her into a Collie in those situations for ease of not having to repeat long explanations 30x a day!

Her second visit to agility on Thursday. I did the same as last week...she was more interested in the horses this time, but wasn't sure what to make of them to start with!

Yesterday we went to the vets for her second vaccination. She obviously remembered the place and held no hard feelings! She greeted them like a long lost friend. After she was such a drama queen last time I occupied the head end with food whilst the thermometer went in, and again with the needle - she was so engrossed in the food she didn't even notice!

She's still meant to stay off the ground for another week :-( I just want to get her down and out and about and stuff now. The world is going to seem a very different place from the floor....

In other very exciting news, last night she was dry overnight for the first time since I've had her :-D I can't say clean as she did poop, but it's a start. As I sit here typing this it's almost 5pm and she has yet to pee in the house today.....maybe she's finally starting to get this house training thing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment