Ria - the sea and The List! 11:23

More positive update today :-) (Excuse poo analysis lol)

On Sunday when Ria was so poorly I'd planned to take her to see the sea...obviously all plans were abandoned! As she'd been so well over Monday I decided she would be ok to go on Tuesday - I would have liked to have seen her poo, but she wasn't showing any signs (had gone more than 24hrs by this point - I was starting to wonder if I'd constipated her!) so at least I figured at least she probably didn't have diarrhoea :-P

She had a great time :-) I still wanted to keep her off the floor, so I carried her along the sea front, and then we went round the town. She saw trams for the first time, which she thought was quite interesting! And we met lots of people - children, adults, pensioners....saw wheelchairs, sticks, frames, pushchairs...I was hoping she'd see more hats/sunglasses, but we didn't really encounter any. She's so friendly with people now....not that she ever wasn't, but she was rather stand offish (as the breed is actually meant to be :-P) and now I've kinda turned her into a dog that'll mug the nearest person for attention...oops!

When we got home she had her lunch, and then went out and did a near normal poo! She did another that evening which was rather soft but still formed, then this morning she did a 99% normal one....so we definitely seem to be over the worst of it :-) I just need to start getting her back onto her regular food now, and hope she deals ok with that.

In other news, she turned 11 weeks old today...time is going so fast! This is what we are or are planning to work on over the next few weeks -

Food manners
Doors manners
Positions (sit, down, stand) - sit is coming along well, down is coming along well on my bed and nowhere else! And stand needs a lot of work. Nothing is on verbal cue yet.
101 things to do with a box
Hand to nose touch, inc when hand is moving
Play retrieve
Hold a dumbbell
Recall
Building tug drive
Going in crate
Quiet
Leave
Watch
Walking on a lead
Grooming
Having teeth looked at & cleaned
Having paws picked up, examined, trimmed and nails cut. Using clippers atm, just starting to introduce the grinder.
General examination - checking ears, feeling all over...etc

Have I forgotten anything really obvious/basic/essential?

0 comments:

Post a Comment